Let’s shake, rattle and roll! Sesaya presents early childhood music-and-movement classes in your neighbourhood!
Why music classes for your child? Every child is innately musical, and music is an important part of every child’s growth and development. When children hear music, their eyes often light up, they begin to move to the beat, and their mood brightens. And the effects don’t end there. Studies have shown that music can help a child’s language skills, develop fine motor skills and promote creativity. So fostering your child’s innate fascination with music in regular classes can:
- stimulate cognitive function
- promote language acquisition
- nurture creativity
- strengthen your relationship, and
- open the door to all sorts of exploration and fun–for you and baby!
Each class is fully interactive, based on the Orff Schulwerk and Kodaly early-childhood-music pedagogy and developmentally appropriate. Each class includes:
- Singalongs to new and familiar songs
- Rhymes, chants and finger plays
- Vocal play
- Instrument and object exploration
- Creative movement and dance
- Interactive props: scarves, balls, shakers, bells…and more!
What: Music & Movement Classes for babies approximately 9-24 months and one parent
When: Fall 2107 session postponed
Session length: 10 themed classes, offered once a week
Tuition: $130/parent and child for 10-week session